Model: Alexis Lopez
Whether you like to roll 'em slow or blast flat out, upgrading your wheels can vastly change the look and performance of your ride. Because of the rotating motion of the wheel, red-ucing the weight has a compounded effect and changes the handling characteristics. Lighter wheels reduce the unsprung centrifugal forces created and make the bike roll with less effort and turn faster.
For those that are concerned less about weight and more about looks, there are a vast variety of styles--from fatty to fancy there's something for everybody. Wheels used to come in a wide range of materials and techniques, but the industry has moved closer to forged aluminum for the most cost effective and safe upgrades.
There are also magnesium, carbon fiber and mag/fiber hybrids, and while they're extremely light they're also very expensive. But they offer the most exclusivity and performance money can buy.
Fast or slow, bling or flat, there is an aftermarket set of wheels for just about any style of bike and application. When you're ready to elevate your status and experience a more enjoyable ride get yourself some new rollers--you'll be glad you did.
Contrast Cut Stealth Factor
- Contrast Cut Stealth features an innovative, durable military grade anodized coating
- Flat black finish on the five directional spokes is machined away exposing the raw aluminum
- Speed dots increase the dimension of the ultra-smooth outer rim lip
Best For: Customs
SSB Says: Like a stealth bomber, the matte/contrast cut finish is the latest and hottest look on the market.
- Designed for those on the cutting edge of style
- Black anodized speed dots and an engraved "Roland Sands Design" logo
- Smooth, rolled lip
- Matching rotors available
Best For: Customs
SSB Says: Hot rims from a popular builder with cutting edge style and design. Fighter plane looks for a modern machine.
- Rival the weight of magnesium wheels
- Made from forged aluminum
- TRI spoke design
- Hi heat process combines strength with a fresh new look
Best For: Race and performance
SSB Says: Minimalist design saves weight and looks super trick on any performance bike.
From $1889.00 (set)