A motorcycle's suspension plays the biggest role during your ride. Everything from getting power to the ground to holding a tight line in a corner is the suspension's duty, yet many riders neglect upgrading and instead cash out on more "glamorous" parts like pipes and wheels.
Stock suspension is designed for average-sized riders and to accommodate a wide variety of conditions ranging from racetracks to city streets. Compromises must be made, making most stock suspension systems generic and flat. Thankfully, there are plenty of products available to fine-tune the suspension to better suit the type of rider and desired handling characteristics. Whether you ride a full-blown racer on the track or spend your time rolling on a fat tire custom, there are suspension upgrades to make your ride more efficient, comfortable and enjoyable.
- Replaces stock links using existing hardware
- Lower bikes for better launches or short stature
SSB Says: A cheap and easy way to drop your bike.
- Offer precise adjustment with an easy to view visual reference
- An adjustment sight window with ruled marks shows exactly where each link is adjusted
- Gold anodized finish
- Two versions are available for mid and maximum lowering
SSB Says: Adjustability is always good. Slam it low for a show or the strip then raise it back up for a ride.
Power Stands Racing
- Fits '04-'06 Yamaha R1
- 1 to 2 inch drop
- Uses stock hardware
SSB Says: Drop it like it's hot on your R1.
- Lower the center of gravity and ride height
- Increase rider confidence
SSB Says: Shorter riders rejoice because now there's a way to feel planted without strapping phone books to your feet.
$61.95 - $164.95
- Built from aircraft grade aluminum
- Plenty of adjustability to cover any extreme setup
- Built in the USA
SSB Says: Drop any bike down low with a ton of incremental adjustments for just the right height.
Power Stands Racing
ZX-14 Lowering Links
- Varies from stock to a three inch drop
- Available in black and chrome
SSB Says: It's nice to have a color option straight from the shop.
Ransom Machine Works
Hayabusa Lowering Links
- Fully adjustable
- Offers a complete range of adjustment
- Fits '99 to '09 Hayabusas
SSB Says: Lowering your Hayabusa's behind has never been easier.