When the Mercury starts to rise it's tempting to forgo a jacket and rock the T-shirt to stay cool. But a thick layer of cotton isn't going to do much if your ride turns sour. Textile jackets are a great way to provide protection during hot weather riding while still offering more airflow than leather jackets. Also, leather typically doesn't offer much for wet weather conditions.
Today's textile gear comes in a huge variety of colors, styles and designs. Whether you like it loud and aggressive or simple and understated, there's bound to be a textile jacket available to meet your budget. Rather than gambling in the streets, take a gander through these garments to find one that matches your needs.
- Covered in massive amounts of artwork, embroidery and attitude
- Durable nylon textile chassis
- Heavyweight ballistic impact panels
- Integrated fighter mesh panels for venting
SSB Says: Bold red stitching, huge skull patches and more black and grey tattoo artwork than a prison yard makes for a seriously stunning jacket.
- Polyester textile and mesh reinforced with abrasion resistant ballistic nylon material
- Removable waterproof and breathable zip-out liner can be worn as a windbreaker
- External titanium shoulder caps
- Perforated chest, belly, arms and back for maximum cooling
SSB Says: The Laguna is a modern twist on the traditional racer look. Titanium shoulder caps complete the go-fast design.
- Classic work wear style
- Heavy duty brushed poly/cotton construction with windbreaker membrane
- Removable contrasting orange thermal liner
- Front embroidered patch with wrench logo and silkscreen graphics
SSB Says: A retro jacket with some serious rock-a-billy attitude, the Grease Monkey looks like a casual jacket but has a full spectrum of safety features.
Cortech RCX Jacket
- Performance cut Denier shell
- Low profile collar with soft and durable neoprene trim
- Zippered shoulder, sleeve and rear exhaust vents
- Waterproof and breathable barrier liner
SSB Says: If you prefer an understated look the RCX will let you ride in peace. You'll also be comfortable thanks to multiple vents and a waterproof liner.