Think a pair of tennis shoes or work boots are fine for riding the streets? Wrong. Shoes designed for working out or stomping around a construction site aren't likely to do much for protection during a motorcycle crash. Casual footwear often becomes dislodged on impact, leaving feet bare and vulnerable.
Riding boots are specifically designed to provide protection in the areas most affected in a crash. Because shoestrings can get caught in the moving parts of a bike, proper riding shoes often incorporate some sort of buckle to keep these types of parts in check and prevent them from getting bound up and tangled during an impact.
When off the bike, there are lots of options for protective footwear that resemble fashionable casual shoes and can be worn without looking something like Forest Gump rocking his corrective braces.
When it's time for some serious riding-like the track or strip-nothing beats a pair of road racing boots for ultimate protection. So whether it's wandering the pits, cruising to work or racing at the track, there's foot protection for every riding occasion.
Model: Andrea Jones
- Genuine and synthetic leather chassis provides stability and protection
- Non-slip bonded sole for optimal traction in all riding conditions
- Medial and lateral plastic ankle protection increases impact and abrasion resistance
- Secure alloy buckle closure over the lace cover ensures a secure fit
SSB Says: Cool design, all-day comfort and plenty of protection-what more could you ask for? Now there's no excuse to wear gym shoes anymore.
Speed and Strength
Moment of Truth
- Perforated leather upper
- Engineered external protectors
- Anti-slip rubber outsole with molded heel protector
- Aluminum buckle with adjustable strap
SSB Says: The folded flap keeps the strings out of harms way and gives them a Euro-fashion fancy look for a great mix of style and safety.
- Leather construction with soft leather upper
- Molded plastic side impact protection
- Padded ankle area
- Reinforced gearshift surface area
SSB Says: The Big Bang has a stocky sole and thick strap. Wear them to a heavy metal concert and you'll fit right in.
- Braided stainless steel wire lacing with turn-dial closure
- Above-the-ankle height on both sides of the boot
- Unique rubber-molded toe
- Perforated sides and suede heel panels
SSB Says: The adjustment dial and steel wire lace system is trick and makes strapping the shoes on almost fun. Just remember to turn up the tightness.
- Composite inner with dual compound outer sole
- External ankle brace system
- Double stitched in all high stress areas
- Bolt on replaceable, adjustable and aerodynamic nylon scuff pads on the toe
SSB Says: The Streetburner has all the features of a full-length road race boot-it's just been chopped in half for street riding comfort.