The modern sportbike has massive amounts of power and is capable of phenomenal feats of speed. But when the party's over you'll need to stop that machine in motion. While a fancy paint job will get you noticed, and a built motor will take you from point A to B faster, it's crucial not to neglect one of the most important aspects-the brake system.
With the exception of a few bikes equipped with ABS, braking technology and development has remained relatively stagnant in comparison to other parts of a motorcycle. Even though most stock brake systems are more than capable of stopping a bike safely, there is always room for improvement and customization. Numerous companies offer a variety of methods to upgrade the braking performance through steel braided lines, stronger master cylinders, specially designed calipers and rotors made from a variety of materials. Along the way there are plenty of ways to add your own custom touch with different colored components and designs.
- Self-cleaning and self-cooling
- Directional slotted rotors channel fresh cool air between the pads and the rotor
- Made from laser cut stainless steel
- Carrier composed of aluminum alloy with a heat temper grade
SSB Says: There's nothing wrong with a little style. Star Rotors combine the performance of a petaled steel rotor with the looks of a custom 'dress up' disc.
BrakeTech AXIS Series
- 65 percent lighter than steel
- Aerospace derived ceramic matrix composite
- Great for street use (don't need to heat up and work well in the wet)
SSB Says: These babies are designed to work with the stock calipers. Be aware that a huge reduction in rotational mass will make your bike handle significantly quicker.
- Manufactured from hardened and refined alloy steel, which allows for reduced rotor wear and high-performance braking capabilities
- Laser cut, CNC drilled and surface machined for a perfectly flat surface and precise fitment
- Integrated cooling channels aid in the removal of water and dirt
- Surface coated with a zinc plating to help protect against weather
SSB Says: Here's a different take on custom rotor design.
We can easily picture these on a flame-themed custom.
- High quality construction with a killer look
- Great for your fat tire conversion
SSB Says: Custom wheels deserve custom rotors, and Roaring
Toyz knows a thing or two about making bikes look and ride better.